PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) IMO STATE
The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Imo State chapter, has been drawn to the ludicrous and shameful ranting of the former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, August 21, 2019, upon his return to the state from his self imposed exile in Abuja.
The former Governor, who ordinarily should have quietly retired to his home upon arrival in Owerri, considering his perfidious and shameful eight years gross misrule in Imo, rather chose to throw caution to the wind by attacking Governor Emeka Ihedioha unwarrantedly. To Okorocha,
Governor Ihedioha is his albatross, who must be demonized at all cost for him (Okorocha) to enjoy a breath of fresh air. To us, Okorocha’s morbid fears are quite understandable.
However, it is disgusting to note that the former Governor who mismanaged Imo people’s goodwill and left the state dilapidated and massively impoverished in all facets, still had the impudence to appear in public, believing that Imo people have short memory. By his utterances, Okorocha attempted to incite his hired supporters from neighbouring states into provoking Imo people to respond commensurately which could have precipitated something ugly if not for the maturity and restraint exhibited by Imo people.
The PDP as a masses party, believes however, that the goodwill and abiding faith of His Excellency, Governor Emeka Ihedioha in ‘Rule of Law’ should not be misconstrued by a shameless lawbreaker, electoral fraudster, tyrant, oppressor of civil servants and pensioners in Imo, as an act of cowardice. For Okorocha to make Governor Ihedioha object of discussion, on his return to the state, several months after he ran away from the state out fear of being lynched, portrays him as a petty schemer and drowning man, who wants to attach his imminent disgraceful downfall on the PDP government in Imo.
As a party, we insist that Okorocha must be made to account for his colossal stewardship for eight years as governor. Answers by Okorocha to the following questions must be provided before he can shamelessly seek to hold a government which is barely three months to accountability:
1. What is Okorocha’s relationship with Zigreat Nigeria Ltd, a fictitious company without address which he used to siphon over N30 billion belonging to the Imo State Government when he held sway as Governor?
2. Okorocha claims he never molested or harassed anybody as a sitting governor. What of what transpired on August 5, 2011, when he sent his thugs led by Chief Placid Ekwueme from Ohaji/Egbema LGA to invade HRM, Eze (Dr) Cletus Ilomuanya’s residence at Civic Centre Layout, Owerri?Till date, he has refused to pay the N10 million slammered on him by the Federal High Court, Owerri for such unlawful invasion and harassment of the monarch. This is one out of series of other intimidations/harassments Imo people suffered under Okorocha’s tyrannical rule.
3. How much did Okorocha spend in the construction of the meaninglessand economical non-viable monument he called “Akachi” on somebody’s land against a court order? The almost N700 million reportedly wasted on that shamble of a project should have been used to pay our pensioners. How can a man be that reckless?.
4. What were the occupations of his wife, Nkechi Okorocha and daughter, Uloma before Okorocha became governor? Within eight years, all of them became billionaires overnight courtesy of Imo people’s fund while workers salaries were wickedly and inhumanly slashed to suit their lust to steal public money.
5. Why is the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) now a
regular visitor to only Okorocha and his family members? Flies can
only hover where there are rotten edible items. Okorocha and his
family stink of graft and must be made to account for every dime stolen from Imo treasury. His eight years misrule has left Imo bleeding profusely financially.
The PDP, Imo State views Olorocha’s recent senseless outburst againstthe PDP led government in the state as diversionary tactics but Imopeople are too wise to fall for such criminal gimmick. We also wish to caution him to be mindful of his conducts as he is not above the law.
He must know that because “the crocodile opened its mouth wide for river birds to peck at, does not mean it has lost the power to bite”.
It is only a swollen headed person like Okorocha, who does not appreciate the essence of tapping form the wealth of experience of tested and accomplished technocrats like those Hon. Commissioners appointed by Governor Ihedioha, whom Okorocha referred to in his insipid diatribe. Making such reference only proves how empty Okorocha is and why he ran Imo aground with his bunch of neophytes because of his inordinate ambition to create a political dynasty of thieves under his supreme command.
Okorocha must know that Imo people will no longer tolerate his nuisance anymore. Gone are the days when jesters and touts held sway in Imo. The present government in Imo under His Excellency, Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha is determined to serve the people honestly and sincerely in line with his Rebuild Agenda for the State. As a democrat, he will abide by the rule of law which include not disrupting any lawful assembly or infringing on people’s right to freedom of movement or association.
However, such should not be abused by Okorocha and his goons any further. Calling for civil resistance against a government without justification as Okorocha did, is daring the government’s will to enforce law and order in the state. Such shall no longer be tolerated.
Enough is enough.