Number of reported coronavirus deaths has surpassed 500,000
- COVID-19 LIVE GLOBAL UPDATES (Courtesy: Johns Hopkins)
- Confirmed Cases 10,129,054
- Total Recovered 5,493,638
- Total Deaths 502,189
- Active Cases 4,133,227
- Affected Countries 215
Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide has reached 10 million, while the global death toll has climbed to nearly 500,000, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) said that Nigeria hit a new record of Covid19 cases across the country with 779 new cases on Saturday,
USA todays by Johns Hopkins
- As at 27th June, 2020, total cases: 2,510,151, total deaths: 125,539, total recoveries: 679,308, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
- The United States continues to lead the world in the number of confirmed cases with more than 2.5 million and a death toll of 125,929, according to a NBC News’ tally.
- The U.S. continues to see record single-day increases in new confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic and the growth in cases isn’t because of an increase in testing, health officials say.
- Public Health confirms two more people have died due to the virus, bringing the total in the county to 67. The agency also reports 138 new cases, and 52 new recoveries.
- As Covid-19 raced through long-term care facilities, it amplified mortality risks for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- 62nd Governor of Maryland, Governor Larry Hogan:
While we are unfortunately seeing rising case numbers in states across the country, here in Maryland, all of our key health metrics continue to trend in a very positive direction.
- But the fight against this virus is far from over. The positivity rate among Marylanders under the age of 35 is 34% higher than the rate among those 35 and older. We simply cannot afford to stop being vigilant and cautious.
Our health and economic recovery depends on all of us continuing to exercise personal responsibility in order to keep ourselves, our family members, our neighbors, and our coworkers safe.
We encourage all Marylanders to wear a mask, practice physical distancing, and get tested, particularly if you have recently attended a mass gathering.
- Trump campaign postpones Vice President Pence’s campaign events in Florida and Arizona next week.
Florida reports 9,585 new cases of coronavirus, 132,545 cases in total.
Florida’s biggest daily increase so far.
302 NBA players have been tested for coronavirus on June 23, of which 16 tested positive. Positivity rate at 5.3%.
WATCH: In 25 states, cases have increased by 25% or more over the last two weeks.
But on Friday, at the first coronavirus task force briefing in two months, the Vice President appeared to deny that.
Pence: We have made “remarkable progress” in moving forward.
- The recent jump in coronavirus cases in locations such as Texas and Florida has pitted state and local leaders against each other over safety measures.
In what was a daily record-high number of cases in Dallas County, authorities reported 561 new patients Saturday.
- In what was a daily record-high number of cases in Dallas County, authorities reported 561 new patients Saturday.
Nevada reports 1,099 new cases of coronavirus, 16,339 cases in total.
Nevada’s largest daily increase by far.
According to Johns Hopkins University data, the virus continues to spread even as a number of countries in Europe are relaxing lockdown measures to give their economies a boost after months of restrictions.RELATED POSTS
Some, like Germany, are seeing a resurgence of the virus, forcing local governments to re-impose partial lockdowns.
Meanwhile, Swiss authorities said on Saturday they had ordered 300 people into quarantine after a so-called “superspreader” outbreak at a Zurich nightclub.
China’s capital, Beijing, saw a new outbreak of COVID-19 linked to a food market earlier this month, prompting a wave of testing, travel restrictions and contact tracing.
But officials there claim the outbreak has been largely brought under control, despite 14 new cases being reported in the city on Sunday.
Tens of millions of Chinese traveled during the three-day Dragon Boat Festival that ended Saturday, with anti-crowding measures in force nationwide.
More Covid19 updates courtesy of Norbert Elekes
- From 1 to 5 million cases: 26 weeks
- From 5 million to 10 million cases: 5 weeks
– Number of new tests up
– Number of new cases up
– Number of new deaths up
– Number of new recoveries up
India reports its biggest daily increase since coronavirus outbreak, with 19,906 new cases and 410 new deaths.
Total of 528,859 cases and 16,095 deaths.
NEW: Brazil reports 38,693 new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
Total: 1.31 million cases and 57,070 deaths.
USA: Texas reports 5,747 new cases of coronavirus, 143,371 cases in total.
Test positivity rate at 13.2%.
JUST IN: South Africa reports 7,210 new cases of coronavirus, 131,800 in total.
South Africa’s largest daily increase so far.
SOUTH AMERICA: Peru extends state of emergency until July 31.
ITALY: Number of coronavirus patients in intensive care has dropped below 100.
NEW: Pakistan reports 3,138 new cases of coronavirus and 74 new deaths.
Total of 198,883 cases and 4,035 deaths.
COVID-19 currently has no cure, nor do researchers are able to invent any vaccine for the same, which makes COVID-19 as one of the most dreaded diseases worldwide now.
Human overpopulation is a global problem, and it started taking the face of a worldwide issue since the 19th century.
It takes a toll over various things such as putting much strain over available resources and per person availability of resources too gets reduced, impacting the quality of life and puts risk over starvation.
Source credit: Johns Hopkins