The Comptroller General of Customs (CGC), Col. Hameed Ali (rtd), has said the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) will by 12:00am of Wednesday, open its portal for the recruitment of 3,200 officers and men to fill existing vacancies which will last for the next three weeks.
Col. Ali, who was represented by the acting Deputy Comptroller General (DCG), Human Resources Development, Sanusi Umar, during a briefing at the NCS headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday, said the recruitment exercise got the approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) and is in compliance with requirements of the Federal Character Commission (FCC).ADVERTISEMENT
“We are actively engaged with the Commission to ensure that the process will earn a certificate of compliance on merit,” he noted.
Further explaining the process, he said the recruitment will be conducted to fill 800 space in the Support Staff for Superintendent Cadre category, while the 2,400 space will go for Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant Cadre in the General Duty category.ADVERTISEMENT
To properly inform the public, he said the information is being carried by seven national dailies from today while a web portal for applications has been created as a sub-domain of the NCS website.
He gave the sub-site to be www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng adding that it will be opened for three weeks.
While it assured of a hitch-free process during the three week period of the online application submission, NCS said, “We are determined to conduct an exercise that is credible, fair and transparent. We will deploy all machineries within our powers to ensure that the integrity of the exercise is not compromised.”
It warned members of the public to beware of fraudsters and criminals who may be operating illegal sites and portals and collect money from applicants.
“I want to reiterate that the portal for this exercise can only be accessed through the official service website where NO FEES will be demanded,” Ali noted.
According to him, the Nigeria Customs Service recruitment will be carried out to fill 800 space in the Support Staff for Superintendent Cadre category.
He also noted that the 2,400 space will go for Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant Cadre in the General Duty category.
Available Positions In Customs Recruitment 2019
The application is opened for three positions which are:
1. Superintendent Cadre
The Superintendent Cadre are senior ranking officers comprising of Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
2. Inspectorate Cadre
Assistant Inspectors are Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
3. Assistant Cadre
The Assistant Cadre are junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant.
Eligibility For Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019
To apply, you must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
2. Applicants must have completed secondary school (O level) or higher education depending on the position been applied
3. Applicant must be within the age brackets of 18-35 years
4. Prisoners are excluded from the Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment 2019
5. Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
6. Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
7. Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
8. Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
9. Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
10. Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense
11. Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
5. Applicants must be mentally fit and health fit
Qualifications For Customs Recruitment 2019
Below are the qualifications you need before application into the Nigeria Customs Service recruitment 2019:
1. All applicants must pose the following SSCE or NCE or ND, or DEGREE
2. Age must within the range of 18 – 35 years for interested applicants.
3. You should Ensure to submit documents that are required by the cadre you are applying for. (Eg. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree for Inspectorate cadre).
4. Do not submit more than one application. You will be disqualified.
Deadline For Application Into Nigeria Customs Service
The NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SERVICE RECRUITMENT portal will open on the midnight of 17th, April 2019 and application is expected to last just 3 weeks only for all positions.
How To Apply For Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
All applicants must visit the Nigeria Customs Service website via www.vacancy.customss.gov.ng to start the application.
However, note the following before you apply:
1. You must have an active email address
2. An active phone number
3. All documents required must be with you
4. All documents must match in dates and date of birth if you must be selected
5. Only successful applicants will be communicated
6. Avoid errors while filling the forms online and take your time to avoid them had I known