Share

A vile sex attacker who was set for deportation from the UK after abusing a schoolgirl has committed another crime after the Government failed to return him to his birth country.

Moses Ologbenla, 36, was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and another man plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and sexually abused them.

Both men were in the country illegally having overstayed their visas when they abused the girls, aged 14, in Newcastle. 

His co-accused Hafeez Cole Oye-Dada raped a 14-year-old girl after ‘cynically exploiting’ her by giving her alcohol and cannabis. He was jailed for 10 years.

During their prosecution the court heard both men will be deported to Nigeria once they complete their custodial sentences. 

However Ologbenla has remained in the UK after early release and gone on to commit a further offence in Middlesbrough.

According to the terms of his release the convict – as a registered sex offender – must register all online usernames with police when signing up for online sites. 

Moses Ologbenla was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and another man plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and subjected them to vile sex attacks - he was released early but committed another crime by failing to notify police of online usernames

Moses Ologbenla was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and another man plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and subjected them to vile sex attacks – he was released early but committed another crime by failing to notify police of online usernames

He created almost 40 undisclosed user names for online use – breaching his notification requirements.

Teesside Magistrates’ Court heard that the user names Ologbenla was using were linked to sites that also sold fraudulent credit card details.

He pleaded guilty to failing to comply with notification requirements at the court on Monday.

No details relating to his deportation were discussed at the hearing. 

John Garside, prosecuting, said: ‘He must provide police with notification requirements and he must register user names within three days of creation.’ 

But on December 23, last year in Middlesbrough, Ologbenla’s devices were checked by officers.

‘A laptop, an iPhone and a Galaxy mobile phone were checked and various undisclosed user names were found on the devices’, Mr Garside said.

‘In total 38 user names were found.

‘Police said they were linked to sites where you can buy fraudulent credit card details.’

He added that there was ‘no evidence the user names were used in any criminal activity’.

Moses Ologbenla was jailed for six years in 2014

Moses Ologbenla was jailed for six years in 2014

Ologbenla was told by magistrates that due to the severity of the offence, sentencing would have to be transferred to a crown court.

In mitigation, Damian Sabino, defending, said he ‘co-operated fully and gave an explanation’ as to why the user names were created, and reiterated there was no evidence they were made to commit a crime.

‘The user names were created in order to view films, watch football and answer surveys’, Mr Sabino said.

‘It’s his first breach.

‘He went to prison and came out, and he didn’t believe he was committing a crime.’

Ologbenla, who now lives at St Margaret’s Terrace in Bradford, was bailed to Teesside Crown Court for sentencing.

A Home Office spokesperson refused to comment on why he was not deported.

He said: ‘Foreign nationals who serve custodial sentences in the UK will be considered for deportation and, wherever possible, offenders are returned at the conclusion of their sentence. We have removed nearly 45,800 foreign offenders since 2010.’

source

Please follow and like us:
error
Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *